Thursday, February 12, 2009

OCTOBER 21, 05 - AVIARY FLU AND HURRICANES

1209 days ago

Aviary flu spreads around Europe, saw Romania at the news - something really bad has to happen so I can see this. Saw people masacrating birds, that are a source of food and revenue, people that already lost a lot with the summer floodings...breaks my heart.

Besides, two spots I do love and remind me of some beautiful moments: New Orleans and Costa Maya (Yucatan, Mexico) have been devastated. Playa del Carmen and Cozumel - I was there weekly since 2001 and until last summer. So many memories, friends...WHY? I know those people, they work really hard to make the Western tourists happy, they are generous and proud, many lived in kind of cardboard shacks, I just couldn't believe my eyes.

I do hope they'll succeed to get over it, I pray they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog