Thursday, February 12, 2009

FEB. 06, 06 - HUMAN IDENTITY

1101 days ago

Quoting from Italian writer Alberto Moravia standing in Hiroshima "That very moment the monument raised to the memory of the most infortunate day in the human history "reacted" inside me. Suddenly, I understood that the monument was ordering me to stop recognizing myself as the citizen of a determined nation, belonging to a determined culture, but rather, in some zoological and also religious way, member of the species"

Saturday I helped out two Philippino boys for school, today one Sri Lankian and one Hindu girl. I offered to do it every Saturday morning for two hours and from 4 to 6pm one day a week. It feels so good, the kids are exceptionally sweet and well behaved, I have a feeling Oriental kids are taught to be more respectful.

I guess this is one of the things I was looking for in Canada, the feeling of belonging simply to humans, beyond borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog