Thursday, February 12, 2009

AUGUST 29, 06 - ONE YEAR SINCE PAPA PASSED AWAY

898 days ago

I wish we remembered only the birthdays of our dear departed ones. What's the point in remembering the passing away?

I want to remember my father alive, talented and charismatic, funny at times, didactic at others, unique anyway, loving nature and traditions, pouring magic word onto us. I love one of the phrases of his youth, dedicated to Tzara Fàgàrashului, an area in Transylvania where he lived up to 18 years old, the place where he always felt he belongs:

"To leave from here you have to be a stranger. You can never leave, your body stops and becomes song".

This is what happened to him, his body passed away, but his spirit is still alive in his words. And they are alive in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog