Thursday, February 12, 2009

April 5, 06 - FEEL LIKE SLOWING DOWN

1043 days ago

I don't spend enough time home and there are things I want to take care of: copying quotes from the anthropology books I got from the library (still thinking about going back to school in autumn) and go on with my stories in French about my Italian holidays.

So I definitely have to go out less. With spring coming it's easy to say. I have an hour for lunch though, and as I'm usually bringing my lunch box I could go for half an hour walk then.

My boss is a real gentleman, with a lifetime experience in PR and politics, so there's a lot I can learn from him. My job is mostly secretarial (letters, faxes, worsksheets, expenses account) but the documents I'm dealing with are interesting. There are only 10 people in the office, plus a law firm sharing the floor - and kitchen and reception. So there's no contact outside my co-workers. All senior positions, by the way, except the receptionist. So I'm the little insignificant one. For how long still? Patience, patience, patience.

At least it is a very good company, with excellent skills and connections. I think I'm lucky to have got here after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog